Clicking - More or Less
We've been discussing the amount of clicking we do to play the game in various threads and sub-forums. I thought I'd start a collection in one spot and add another wish with respect to clicking.
1. Spend gold confirmation: I finally fell victim to this so would very much appreciate the confirmation. Not a lot of gold, but still.
2. Better inventory organization!
1. Reduce or eliminate the pop-ups - add neighbors, send free gifts, you need more energy, buy more energy...
2. Visitation summary - please design some way to visit neighbors, blitz, gift, give wishlist items, ..... with a lot LESS clicking. A summary at the end of the visit (when we click to return home or to go the next neighbor).
3. It'd be nice to be able to collect bonuses while on these visits instead of ONE AT A TIME... just sayin'. The one at a time method involves at least 2-3 clicks and a rebuild. Let us collect bonuses on the visit and eliminate a rebuild.
4. Collection wishlist - I'm not sure how these work in great detail and it may work the way I've described below. I do know that once I add items to the wishlist, I need to publish it. Fine, but once I receive an item on this wishlist, I don't want to have to go into my wishlist (click), remove this item (click) and republish the wishlist (click). ugh. Let the wishlist be dynamic to a point. Once I accept one gift (click), have that item removed from the wish list. If I want more of that item, I should be able to add it to the wish list again.
5. Someone left a gift - the new search button that appears when there's a gift in the garden is sufficient. I don't need an additional pop-up.
Thank you, Playdom!
1. The scrollbars under the chapters and in the buttons in the collection area are a huge help.
I know I've missed some. Please add any you have to the list!
Last edited by Crazy4Jewels; 11-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.
I'm glad you started this thread. I just signed on to do the same thing. The PopUps are making it impossible to move around the gardens and it's extremely annoying. It was bad enough to have the Rep # PopUp all the time but how it just makes me want to CLICK out of the game. Once we upgrade a Building or Wonder and set it to which version we want, PLEASE don't keep having that option pop up again. If you've played the game and upgraded, you already know you can change them, if you want.
Originally Posted by Crazy4Jewels
The adding Neighbors one, after the first few chapters, is not necessary at all OR if you insist on leaving it...just once per session is more than enough. I've never added a neighbor based on that popup. Ditto for the Free Gifts one.
Definitely a confirmation on spending Gold, no matter where it is.
Very well said, both of you, I totally agree with all your statements!
Absolutely, absolutely, ABSOLUTELY need a confirmation click when we spend gold, especially when the option to "finish now" is on screen! Ugh, I've wasted way too many gold clicking the wrong tab. I also rarely go to a neighbor that "needs help" via popup reminder...I will scroll through the list, pick a general level and start there.
Popups can be helpful for beginners, but beyond the early chapters they're tiresome. Is there a way to reduce the frequency based on your Level? Fewer popups would go a long way towards not bombarding players when we take a quick break from clicking. ;-)
Please take out the pop-up of building levels, especially level 5 buildings. We know they are level 5, and the pop-ups just are redundant and get in way of playing in garden.
Excellent thread! This has been on my mind quite a while. Here are my suggestions:
1. Improved scroll button functions--Double arrow takes you to beginning/end of lists, Single arrow advances to next group of items (same as current double arrow function)
With the double arrow's present function (advancing to the next screen of items), it takes 31 clicks to scroll through all my neighbors, 23 clicks to scroll through my inventory, 25 clicks to scroll through Artifacts, 9 clicks for Buildings, and 21 clicks for Decorations. It would greatly improve maneuverability if we could jump to the first or last screen and then advance from there.
2. Ability to enter a number when selling items from inventory
When neighbors leave gifts, we accumulate large numbers of certain items (especially flowers), and in order to sell them, we have to clickclickclick the arrow to increase the number. Between my 72 blue flowers and 42 red flowers, that's 114 clicks. Typing in the amount we'd like to sell would be much faster.
3. Option to purchase all whiteprints when upgrading
For smaller items, whiteprint purchases are no big deal, but above a certain threshold, the clicking gets ridiculous. For example, upgrading a 2x2 building from Level 4 to Level 5 takes 16 clicks. Adding in the previous upgrades, that's 40 clicks in all, which is still nothing compared to 3x3 upgrades. Going from Level 4 to Level 5 for a 3x3 buildings requires 36 clicks. Thirty-six. All together, a fully upgraded 3x3 building requires 90 clicks!
I would happily forsake any and all of my past, present, or future improvement wishes if I could just have a "Purchase All" button.
(I don't mean to be obnoxious by tallying up the clicks--My only intention was to put the suggestions in context.)
The amount of clicking you have to do to send a gift is amazing!!! I can spend gold by accident with 1 click, but have to click 3 or 4 times to send a gift!! Really????
You just nailed all three of the additions I would make to this list! Numbers 1 and 3 are special pet peeves of mine!
Originally Posted by semaphore