After you've explored the world of ESPNU College Town for a bit, what cool new features or items would you like to see added? We'll be updating the game regularly and would love to hear your ideas!
I would like for the game to have the ability to post links to get extra coins, just like City of Wonder does. I am finding myself very poor.
Mascots, Rotation, Buildings
We need more mascots and statues added. I need the Syracuse Orange!!!!!
Need to be able to rotate the buildings.
Somehow, the value of the spirit needs to go down if you have a bunch of the same buildings.
What about a Hall of Fame building?
A Dome Stadium?
More Money for the Sports, instead of dog shows and truck rallies.
Spirit needs to go up for a period of time after a sports win, or event held.
Districts, Events and Alumni
Just a couple suggestions -
Districts: All districts should pool students, spirit, money, etcetera, if it is truly intended to be multiple campuses of the same system. Or not pool them. As it currently stands, students are shared but spirit is not...
Events: We need events with more mid-range times, like 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 10 hours, 16 hours. This would allow for players who can only log on for an hour or two, but two or three times a day (such as before & after work/school), to have something running in between.
Alumni: Just a few ideas for a way to give alumni a purpose. Designed so that more than one could be implemented together. I've left details vague so they can be game balanced.
1) "Booster Club": All alumni provide their own Spirit points. Buildings are only necessary to provide spirit for unconverted students. (Possibly with a small extra percentage, perhaps based on the player's level, to represent "legacy" students?)
2) "Athletic Supporters": Quantity of Alumni acts as a percentage booster for income from events. (Extra attendance.)
3) "Scholarship Fund": Each time the Admissions Office building is activated (and it should really be made the Alumni Center or something), player receives an amount of cash based on the number of Alumni.
4) "Home Crowd": Quantity of Alumni acts as a percentage booster for experience gained from events and/or Challenges.
Also a very quick interface comment - the area for Experience (for mouseover) needs to be larger; I have trouble finding it at all, as the money section appears to overlap.
Graduate Studies Office-- Something along the lines of another building to make use of the alumni numbers- i.e., a building that adds a percentage of current alumni to return as graduate students, increasing the student population as well as the alumni numbers later. Obviously this wouldn't directly reflect "real world" graduate practices, since not every graduate student on a campus is an alumni, but it could reflect the respect of the programs to accept more students. More alumni = more graduate students = more additional students. They could even provide a small amount of spirit...grad students are cheap labor.
It doesn't make sense that you essentially "farm" students. right now i feel every few hours i have to go harvest my "student crop" ... the housing should be there simply to house the students from the admission building. Frats/ sororities would give bonuses in that they would have housing, but with happiness bonuses for the activities.
all the departments should also be reevaluated. an engineering department for example should have a very high $ per day amounts but with minimal happiness bonuses while the phys ed department would have the inverse.
the payout for basketball and football games should be increased at the expense that you can't have more than one. It doesn't really make sense that you can have 3 varsity football teams playing......that being said....
there needs to be more sport venues. why is there no soccer? lacross? it would make more senset to have 2 fields when one has a football game and another has a lacross game (if you can't have 2 football)
venues should also increase in $% with pop increase. a movie in a small school isn't goin to make the same amount as one with 50K+ students.
First off I want to say i really enjoy the game that you guys came up with. Its pretty sweet.
- I agree with the other folks especially the ability to rotate buildings. Also is there anyway to zoom in even closer on the building or rotating the actual landscape to get a different view?
- Also right now the entertainment buildings are rendered useless because their payout is not worth the land it's sitting on. Changing the coin you get for this or receiving spirit points would beneficial.
- I also agree with the venue upgrades. Right now its not worth it to upgrade your venues to bigger venues when you can get good money for dog shows and monster truck shows. You should be able to bring in more coin for having a division 1 game. Or better yet maybe even take a step higher a bcs game or a national championship game.
- I'm also looking forward to seeing more academic building. I agree with some of the suggestions for new academic buildings that were made previously. I can't remember building are on here and what were suggested, but maybe a political science building or a student union building.
Hopefully some of these suggestions help. How often do you usually do updates? Thanks again for creating a great game.
I feel that as you are upgrading an academic building, you should keep the spirit points of the level you were at during the build. This would allow you to keep playing the game during the build. As i am currently in an 18 hour build and can not do anything in the mean time.
Also in the same vein. If you will not change this, could you at least change that when you have a low spirt and can not move in any students allow us to put away or move the building so that we can make some changes to looks of our campus when there is obvious dead time in the game.
Last edited by GrowlingGator; 10-09-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Espn should work with someone to make this a full game on your PC. I would pay like 10-30 bucks a month to play this game but like 10 time better. Where u actually control every part of your college. Like mix the simplicity of this game, and the creativity of the SIMs. I think tons of people would buy it. Think of how many guys would play this in there spare time. You could have better rivals with your friends.
Also some people may be more of a sports school, or academic, or party. Well if i am a sports school i want my students to like it when i put venues in, or if am a party school more frats, and entertainment buildings this could go for in the facebook game right now. THIS SHOULD BE THE BIGGEST CHANGE. What guy cares about the academics of his dream school it called ESPN COLLEGE TOWN.
If you make a website just for this game, and not one of those bad facebook games, i think this could be a really good game. This has the potential, but fb is holding it back, Also there are a lot of things that should be fixed and really basic. like rotating building. Whats with these areans 80? I need to pay 20 bucks to buy a stadium for a facebook game? Put this on the ESPN site, and make it more of a game, and less farmvilly.
GAME CREATORS YOU NEED TO READ OUR COMMENTS, AND WORK ON MAKING THIS A GOOD GAME. THIS HAS ALL THE POTENTIAL TO BE A GREAT GAME THAT ALL SPORT LOVING GUYS WOULD PLAY, AND PROBABLY PAY A LOW MONTHLY FEE TO PLAY. AND LOTS OF PEOPLE MAKING COMMENTS HAVE REALLY GOOD IDEAS
Last edited by Valendaria; 01-09-2011 at 05:21 PM.
What would be more realistic would be to base the income on venue capacity....or pick a competition with someone else and base the income off a proportion of the combined students from the two schools.
Also, could we maybe get something that would generate ("recruit") athletes instead of buying them from the students we earn? That may be a twist to the type of school and upgrades to buildings. Such as if you upgrade the sciences you attract more science minded students and/or the quality/upgrade of the athletics recruits better athletes.
Last edited by sumadscientist; 10-11-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Tags for this Thread