"Begging" for Items
I've been reading through a lot of complaints about having to "beg" neighbors for items needed.
While it can be a tedious process, having to wait for requests to be filled, I don't mind filling them for neighbors. This is part of the game. If I see a request for materials or help to build a wonder, I don't ever think, "ah gahd, here they come BEGGING again!" The hardest part for me, is having to wait, like I said.
It's a strange sort of glee I feel, when a wishlist item is granted, so I try to fill these often... even if I know someone is collecting multiples of a specific item.
When I enter the game and find, on my list, that many neighbors have granted my requests, the same goes. Do you (who consider this begging) not feel any sort of satisfaction when you find someone has given you whatever you've needed to complete something? If so, why would you feel put upon to ask for materials? I think, if your friends are playing the game with you, they know this is part of the process and don't have any objection to fulfilling a request.
My husband and two of my sisters play this game with me. In fact, my sisters are the ones who lured me into it. As far as my sisters go, sad to say, but we're very far from one another and have lost a bit of interaction because of distance. This "helping" one another with game materials has bridged a bit of that gap. I love that.
Just something I wanted to put out there, lol. Off to play! :P Ta!
1. PD has set it up the we almost never have to post to our wall or neighbor's wall. I really don't care for wall posts and news feed posts so that's a good thing.
Originally Posted by MoonChyld
2. I have extra neighbors b/c the part of flow of the game is asking others for help. So I'm not going to get mad because I have to ask others for help. That's how the social games go.
3. I don't think my active neighbors would go "ah gahd, here they come BEGGING again!" either. We are playing the same game so I know they are begging too. I'm cool with that.
4. If you are playing an online social game, then expect to need others to help. If it isn't your thing, play another type of game or buy tons of gold to go around the neighbor thing.
5. I really don't want you to buy gold, use your FB credits for gold, or earn gold from online purchases. I'm on a gold strike due to other game issues like the bullfighter fiasco (never forget), lack of a gold confirmation button, dumb game economics, water path doesn't fill square, poor customer service, blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by Zealot; 04-20-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Reason: We want a gold confirmation button!
The thing is, I have about 70 requests per day that I can send out. Fortunately crystals and wonder-building are counted separately.
Currently I have two wonders, a whole stack of buildings, and three crystal buildings that I'm upgrading. The wonders have 5 materials to request, the buildings have 4 additional ones, and it appears that each of the crystal buildings takes a completely different material on its own, and I expect to soon have more crystal buildings, since I just started playing both crystal chapters simultaneously the other day.
So, even though I usually don't have to request all the materials every day, you can see how my requests are quickly eaten up. And that's not even counting the 10 or so new materials required for upgrading decorations, since I'm not going to bother with them until I've gotten most of my buildings completely upgraded.
People with hundreds of GoT friends doubtlessly don't feel the same restraints as much.
Of course, I am lucky in that for months I've had the glitch that counts the most amount of rep you've ever had in the garden at once towards opening new scenes, rather than the amount currently in the garden, so I only have to "uglify" my garden every few months to open the new scenes, rather than every couple weeks or so.