07-23-2011 until 07-31-2100
Guide to the new Sorority Life Forums
Hi Sisters, welcome to the new Sorority Life Forum! This forum is more or less the same as the old forum, but there are a few key differences. The rules are stricter and enforcement is more to the point too, so please don't go pushing the boundaries (Think Disney, Cinderella to Pirates of the Caribbean... there is plenty to work with) or else you will find that you will attract the attention of the forum Moderators and Administrators. Now for some super exciting news; on these new forums, you will have better contact with the Administrators and Playdom Community Managers then you did on the old forum--many of you have already noticed this.
- ~Whitney~ is is your Playdom Community Manager for the Sorority Life game here on the forums. Part of her job is to work with the community to get problems fixed with the game. If you have any non-account specific issues with Sorority Life, or if you have a question to ask about the game; then you should get in contact with her.
- ♪Shiney♪, ~Spicy~, Christopher, ღHeatherღ, and Sara are your resident moderators for the Sorority Life forum and have been around for several years now. While you may occasionally see other moderators posting in this section, the main moderators you will see in this section are these six mods. Their job is not only to moderate the forums, but to also help other players on the forum (and not only the Sorority forum, either). These moderators are purely volunteers who volunteer their time and efforts to keep the forums clean and organized.
• News and Announcements - Check here often for the latest news and developments relating to the Sorority Life game.
• General Discussion- New to Sorority Life? Want to discuss a hot feature? Love the latest LE Item or Daily Costume contests? Then this is the place to ask for help/discuss the game with the rest of the community.
• Study Abroad- Join our travels; find information on the latest location here!
• Tutorials & Guides - In-depth guides for Sorority Life are here! A good read if you are stuck with a particular feature in the game.
• Bugs & Technical Issues - Have a problem with the game or found a bug? Then here is the place to post. Do note; this is only community-based support and nothing more. For official support, you should file a support ticket.
• Suggestions & Feedback - have any suggestions for Sorority Life or the forums, or any feedback in relation to new and current features? Then here is where you can get your voice heard. Rants, Raves and Suggestions!!!
• Join My House (Add Me) - A place to meet new friends and add more sisters! Please keep all “Add Me” requests in this section.
• Wednesdays with Whitney- A place to discuss an SL related topics each Wednesday with chats lead by Whitney
• Girl Talk- off topic conversation, user designs, introductions and general chit chat. Please be mindful of the new forum etiquette.
• Other Languages- German, French, Spanish and More!!!
• Archives- Finally a place for all those annoying old threads that get randomly bumped out of no where!
It is strongly advised that you make yourself familiar with these rules! Violations of these rules will first result in a warning, followed by infractions and then bans--the exact number of infractions required for a ban to be activated will not be disclosed here.
Welcome to the Playdom Community forum
! Please read through the forum rules before creating your account
. We've created these rules to ensure a fun and safe environment for our community members. We request that you please be considerate of others and trust that you will treat your fellow community members with the highest level of respect and courtesy.
- Do not post any obscene or inappropriate language; including hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or homophobic speech or imagery.
- Do not post derogatory comments or attacks against other people or groups.
- Do not post nudity, overtly sexual images or speech, and hate symbols of any kind.
- Please use the search or tag search before posting. Chances are a thread or post already exists. If you can't find what you need then feel free to post.
- Please create new threads in the appropriate forum, and use a descriptive title. Thread locations and titles may be changed by the staff to more accurately reflect the topic being discussed.
- Do not make repeated or nearly identical posts. Spam will not be tolerated. Also, be advised that posting randomly for the sake of raising post count will also not be tolerated
- Do not advertise or promote non Playdom sanctioned games, services, referrals, contests, websites or commercial enterprises.
- Do not promote illegal or adult 18+ substances or activities; including illicit drugs, prostitution, alcohol, and tobacco. Discussion is permitted only in regards to in-game content, this is the only exception.
- Do not post social network ID numbers within the forum body unless asked to by a moderator or Playdom Community Manager. Please keep all social network ID numbers within your forum profile details or signature.
- Do not post or ask for information about bots, macros, cheats or hacks of Playdom games. This also includes links to sites that may indirectly promote such programs. Similarly, talk about your personal use of such items, or discussion of unreleased content (in other words, content that cannot be obtained by standard means), is also forbidden.
- Do not impersonate any Playdom employee or the volunteer moderators.
- Do not discuss private messages nor disclose Moderator actions in our forums. If you have a dispute with a player or moderator, please contact your game's Community Manager or a Community Administrator. You may also file a complaint with our support staff at http://playdom.custhelp.com/
You are responsible for knowing and understanding the rules as they are written. These rules are not meant to be all encompassing, and Playdom reserves the right to interpret the rules and moderate the forum at their own discretion. It is important that you review these rules regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes. If you have any questions, please reread the rules before posting. Lastly if you see a post that violates the rules please report the post using the report post button.
Playdom Community Managers
We hope you enjoy your stay here at the new Sorority Life forums!
Signature Size Rules
- Signatures for registered members may contain up to two lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combination's include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide. Animated images are not allowed.
- Text sizes should be between small and normal (size 1-3). Text in signatures are subject to the same conditions as posts. i.e. The Forum Rules and Code of Conduct must be followed.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Community Moderators are allowed additional links to aid in rendering support for Playdom. You may not include links in a way which suggests you offer official support, software, etc. for Playdom. You may not link to warez, illegal cheat codes/sites, porn, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
06-30-2011 until 08-03-2099
Please Read: Important Information
Please take a moment to read through the following threads if you are unsure of how the forum works or if you are a new member.
- Playdom Community Forums Staff Team.
- Forum Rules - Please Read
- These rules must be followed by all members of the forum community.
- Terms of Service
- This document must also always be followed on the forums (as well as the games)
- For your review.
- Signature Rules
- When using signature images, please make sure you keep these rules in mind.
- Code of Conduct
- Please keep these words of advice in mind when posting on the forum.
- Become a Forum or Community Moderator
- Interested in helping out on the forum as a moderator? Then please read this thread for tips and advice as to the type of people we are looking for.
- The New Members Guide - Unsure of how a certain feature of the forum works? All of it is explained here.
- A Google Chrome extension for the forum - A handy tool for Google Chrome users that "fixes" some of the problems on the forum such as adding missing links and icons, as well as adding some neat new features and functions to the forum.